Thursday 22 January 2015

Fresedo instrumental tanda

Me: I found a lovely tango song in your mixed Fresedo - Servidio tanda.
       And that tanda was a bit too difficult for me.
TJ: Which one?
Me: Tigre Viejo by Osvaldo Fresedo
TJ: Oh, that's nice instrumental.
Me: Could you build a tanda for me?
TJ: I can help you building a tanda.
Me: How do you build a tanda?
TJ: I find a song and look for songs alike.
Me: I am new to this, can you make it short?
TJ: Try to find songs from around same period and with same singers or instrumental ones
Me: That's quite broad description
TJ: Then look for the same sound, and try to recognized songs which fit together,
     and be careful or ordering of the songs. Ordering is as important as the songs
     you choose ;)
Me: I am only a beginner, I need more help this time.
TJ: OK. Tigre viejo is smooth and fast, suitable for next vals tanda. La clavada is quite fast
      and rhytmical. In Pimienta is rhytmical but slower that La Clavada. And first is
     a smooth one, Arrabalero.
Me: Oh, but it's upside down. We don't dance from last to first song.
TJ: I described you a process how I got here. And the result is this: first you get slow and
      smooth rhytmical song, then energy rises in second song. The third is the most
      energetic and the forth chillout song for following vals tanda.
Me: You got quite philosophical here.
TJ: Well, I was more careless in the beginning and when I was only a dancer I didn't care
      so much. As I discovered more details and nuances in songs while listening music more
      so my thought process changed.
Me: Thank you very much for your time.
TJ: You are welcome. I hope you will enjoy the tanda.



Link to my previous tanda:
Previous tanda (Fresedo - Servidio instrumentals)

No comments:

Post a Comment